We can see there are many people are affected by heart attacks. Actually what is this heart attack? It is known as or myocardial infarction also. It is a permanent damage to the heart muscle. Here;
Myo = muscle
Cardial = heart
Infraction = death of tissue due to lack of blood supply
Generally our heart muscle requires a constant supply of oxygen-rich blood to nourish it. So the heart is provided this critical blood supply by the coronary arteries. But if these coronary arteries will have any disease, and if they can provide oxygen well, then the dead of heart cells occurs and causing permanent damage. This is called heart attack!
Symptoms of Heart Attack
- The patient may feel like discomfort, have pressure, feel like heaviness or have a pain in the chest, arm or below the breastbone.
- That discomfort may radiate to the back, jaw, throat or to arms of the patient.
- Experience the fullness, indigestion, or choking feeling.
- Patient may have sweating, nausea, vomiting or dizziness.
- Patient becomes to the extreme weakness stage or may suffer from shortness of breath
- The patient may have rapid or irregular heartbeats
But keep in mind, some may have heart attacks without having so-called any symptoms. It is called a “silent” myocardial infarction. It is more common among diabetic patients.
Treatments for the Heart Attack
If you will diagnose this kind of situation, you should go to the hospital as soon as possible. And the treatment should be began immediately, possibly in the ambulance or at the emergency room. And the objective of these treatments and drug therapy are to break up blood clots. Not only that, but they are for preventing the platelets from gathering and sticking to the plaque, stabilize the plaque, and prevent further ischemia.
What Kind of Foods are good for the heart attack prevention?
- Oranges – It can reduce the blood pressure, cholesterol, and heart failure.
- Kale – It can prevent atherosclerosis.
- Red Wine – It can boost HDL (high density lipoproteins) and reduce unwanted clotting.
- Dark Chocolate – It can reduce the blood pressure.
- Sardines – The omega-3 fatty acids in cold-water fish are crucial for heart health. And it can lower triglycerides and raise HDL.
- Lentils – It can reduce blood pressure
- Almonds – It can reduce LDL and fatal arrhythmias.
- Pomegranates – It can reduce atherosclerosis.
But the best thing is that you should take advice from your doctor, if you want to prevent yourself from this kind of attacks.
What are the worst foods for the heart?
- French fries
- Red meat (including pork)
- Potato and corn chips
- Soda drinks
- Chinese food
- Canned soup
What are the tests to diagnose a Heart Attack?
- ECG – It can tell how much damage has occurred to your heart muscle and where it has occurred.
- Blood tests – It is to measure levels of cardiac enzymes that indicate heart muscle damage.
- Echocardiography – It is an imaging test that can be used during and after a heart attack to learn how the heart is pumping and what areas are not pumping normally.
- Cardiac catheterization – It is used during the first hours of a heart attack if medications are not relieving the ischemia or symptoms. It directly visualize the blocked artery.