Gotu Kola is one of popular herbs in Sri Lanka and Gotu Kola sambol is one of favourite dishes in Sri Lankan dining table also. Most of us know Gotu Kola is a good medicine, but most of us haven’t identified its’ tasks clearly. Basically it is used to treat bacterial, viral or parastitic infections such as cholera, the common cold, influenza, flu and so on.
So let’s see what are the benefits that it can give to us…..
Health Benefits of Gotu Kola
01. It stimulates blood vessel growth into connective tissue.
02. It exhibits anti-anxiety activity and enhances our mental function.
03. It stimulates wound healing by increasing the antioxidant and collagen concentration in wounds
04. It enhances the production of mucin, hyaluronic acid, and chondroitin sulphate which are required for connective tissue, skin, hair, nail and joint repair and growth.
05. This is a good treatment for getting rid of fatigue. If you will eat this herb, it provides you with a refreshing energy that will cure your weakness.
06. It helps in the improvement of memory and intelligence.
Skin Benefits of Gotu Kola
07. Gotu Kola also acts as a toner for the skin. Do you know that this herb tones and tightens the skin if you apply it?
08. It increases the strength of the dermis.
Hair Benefits of Gotu Kola
09. This herb is popular for the treatment of hair loss which acts as a platform for hair re-growth. Do you know that hair loss happens when the hair follicles become weak due to malnourishment? So this herb plays a very important role in strengthening the hair follicles and nourishing the scalp.
10. It improves the blood circulation in scalp. By that, it plays an important role in nourishing the scalp, preventing hair loss and promoting hair re-growth. Finally it will provide us with strong, lustrous and beautiful hair. Amazing, isn’t it?
So, if you didn’t add Gotu Kola much into your diet, here are some reasons to add more, today onwards. Enjoy a healthy life!