Ella Sri Lanka, one of most picturesque area, is located about 54.8 km from Nuwara Eliya, Central Province. And there is only 13.8 km from Bandarawela to Ella. Even though it’s a small town, today it has become one of favourite hill-country paradise village in Sri Lanka. One of significant thing in Ella Sri Lanka is its’ views through Ella gap! They are stunning. And this amazing mountain village is the perfect base for relaxing. Not only that but also travellers can enjoy lots of fantastic walks through tea plantations to temples and waterfalls.
There are many clean and comfortable guesthouses, hotels and restaurants in Ella Sri Lanka. Therefore, travellers don’t want to worry about the accommodations. And travellers can find many Ayurveda treatments at that area also. At a clear night, visitors can even spy the subtle glow of the Great Basses lighthouse on Sri Lanka’s south coast.
Ella Sri Lanka – More
The meaning of Ella is “waterfall”. And this Ella Sri Lanka has a rich bio-diversity, dense with numerous varieties of flora and fauna. Hills covered with cloud forests and tea plantations surround this attractive area. Due to its elevation, this small town has a cooler climate. Even it’s a small town and a sleepy village, there are many things that you can see.
- Ravana Ella and Ravana Cave – A beautiful natural waterfall and it is near the village of Udunuwara on the Ella-Wellawaya Road.
- Ella Rock – Trails to Ella Rock lead you through tea plantations and dense forest paths. The highest peak in the area offers great panoramic views. And this is the longest and most rigorous climb in Ella. Therefore, travellers should prepare for a bit of a grind. And its take 02 hours to get to the top.
- Little Adam’s Peak – Walk to this beautiful peak will take 1.5 hours as you journey through tea plantations and take in spectacular views of Ella Rock and the valley below. Here is the place that you can see the south coast of Sri Lanka, on a clear sunny day.
- Walk to Lipton’s Seat through Dambethanne Tea plantation
- Tea Factory – It is just 6km from Ella, processes all the tea picked from the local hills.
- Little World’s End – Actually this is similar to the World’s End in Horton Plains. Travellers can reach there via Passara and about 19km from Madhowa and Kokagala tea plantations. And travellers can enjoy the magnificent views of Naculs Mountain through to the east coast of Sri Lanka.
Do you want to get away from the bustling environment? Or are you looking for some places in Sri Lanka to spend the time with nature? Here, its’s one of best place. Welcome to Ella Sri Lanka to have many breath-taking views!